Tuesday 18 June 2013

The Captured series and book two...

I want to share with you how the series is intended to go. I’ve learnt that things can so easily change course, dealing with characters and a mind that never shuts up are unpredictable things, so here’s the plan at ‘this point in time’.

At the heart of the Captured series is a group of five friends; Joe, Dane, Gerard, Adam and Saffron. Joe, Dane and Gerard are all single and avoiding relationships. They are man-whores and they love it! I’m assuming you’ve read If Only, book one, and met them all by now. If not, then what are you waiting for?

These books work better when read in sequence, as the characters journeys continue throughout the series, but the central story comes to completion in each novel. You’ll also meet many other fabulous characters along the way, some of whom will stay on the scene.

Here’s how the series goes:
Book one: Joe and Callie’s story
Book two: Dane and Brooklyn’s story
Book three: Gerard and ...’s story (she’s my secret ;))
Book four: Adam and Saffron’s story

*A side-step from the series into a standalone novel, between books two and three, features a character, Mia, who you’ll meet during Dane’s story. She left me no choice but to write her story, so I did – I HAD to, but I can’t share it with you until book two is out. This is what I mean about unpredictable. Stories aren’t always planned; characters sometimes give you way too much to ignore. If Only was originally going to be a standalone – now it’s part of a four book series. This is because Dane gave me too much to ignore, before I’d even completed If Only, and recently Adam’s been invading my head :) 

I truly hope you’ll love all of these amazing characters and their journeys as much as I do.

I’ll be back SOON with the publication date and more details for book two. Though I finished this story quite some time ago, I felt I needed to hold on to it for longer than I initially intended. I wanted to make sure I did Dane and Brooklyn justice, and shared their journey to the absolute best of my ability at my current skill level. I adore them and their story, so I needed to make sure I didn’t rush to get the book out there just for the sake of having it out there. As well as rereading it, and tweaking things, weeks of ignoring the book was involved so I could come back to it with ‘fresh eyes’. It’s a lengthy, ongoing cycle. The truth is I could hold onto it forever and still ask myself the same question, so it’s time for me to let go. I hope you’ll feel it’s been worth the wait.

Back soon... :)





No comments: