Thursday 3 January 2013

Important post regarding If Only...


Hello lovely readers,

I hope you’ll take the time to read this entire message, even if you don’t think it applies to you.

I’m aware that on December 14th 2012 If Only became available on some illegal download websites. That version IS NOT the same version as the one available from Amazon. There are errors throughout. If I’m honest, I’m partly glad that people who have decided to steal my book have read something that is at a poorer standard than the one read by readers who have paid.  I’m honored and very happy that people are taking an interest in my book, even those who may decide to go about obtaining it by different means. What I’m very UNHAPPY about is that people are reading something that isn’t at the standard I deem appropriate. I feel this reflects badly on me, especially when I’m trying to establish myself as a reputable author. I’m making no accusations here, so I hope I don’t offend anyone with this message. If you happen to know of individuals who utilize illegal downloading sites, I just want them to know that what they’re downloading is not what people are paying for. Secondary to my concerns about the standard of stolen books, is the financial aspect. I wish I were rich (who doesn’t) because I’d love to write solely for the passion, and I’d GIVE my stories away for free, but that’s not my reality. In order to commit to writing, I have only been working part-time, which doesn’t make for good finances. I chose to do this, I’m not complaining and I have no regrets, but when people decide to take my stories, this affects me and my husband financially.

Finishing on a positive note; it’s impossible to describe the feeling I get when I see that people have enjoyed reading Joe and Callie’s story, and have connected with the emotions, which are admittedly at times not easy to take, and the characters, all of whom I adore. This means so much to me, so thank you again for taking the time to read, rate and review If Only.

I can’t wait to take you further into the Captured series :) Louise J.

No comments: